Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Disclaimer

Here is the small print. The blog post warning label. Almost everything these days seems to need one. 
So here it is. The official disclaimer.

Between Time & Dreams is a personal blog. Its not journalism. Or an instruction manual. Or a manifesto on how things should be. It is not prescriptive or definitive. 
Its simply me sharing my personal thoughts and opinions. On a wide variety of topics. Some stories you might find entertaining. Some assertions might rattle your mind. You may or may not agree. These are feelings and ideas. And that is perfectly okay. You might find my perspective untypical, especially if you were to somehow try to stereotype me, which I don't recommend.
I might have an opinion that gets you all fired up. Or not. 
Discussion & engaging dialogue is how we all figure this life out. So pull up a chair and share.
I say this so you don't have an expectation that this blog is something that its not. 

Sometimes I use humor that could be potentially offensive to people who might be sensitive. I might blog about random things like boobies and breastfeeding, boogers and toddlers. Sometimes a bad word slips out. If you are easily offended, perhaps this is not the reading that will bring peace & calm to your soul. There are plenty of bloggers out there that are much more polished than I am.

This girl is a work in progress. I'm not perfect. I mess up. I strive to learn and grow in my understanding every single day. I love God, my husband, my kids, my family, my friends, my church- and I want to be the best version of myself that I can be.  I'm passionate and driven to make the most of this life. Not waste opportunities.

My point of view is based on my current real-time understanding. It might change, it might not. Comments, questions, critique, and your stellar insight is always welcome.
As far as my opinions go, sometimes I can be right on the money- 
and other times I miss the mark. I am willing to listen. Let's talk about it.

I am also going to ask the tough questions. Questions you might think about, but not want to say out loud. I'm willing to go there. Because I think there are lots of things we don't question enough. Things that don't have any biblical basis, yet we treat as Gospel. We go with the flow. We uphold the status quo. We do what everyone else is doing. Just because. Perhaps we should seek out wisdom more than we do. Be humbled. And face hard questions. Be willing to examine any blindside we might have when seeking truth. Because truth isn't afraid of being exposed or being wrong. Truth remains.

Next post will be coming at you soon...

~JB


Matthew 7
13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many will enter through it. 
14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."




blog comments powered by Disqus